Also known as compact excavators, mini excavators are earthmovers with a capacity of 2.6-10 tonnes. That’s not so mini, you might be thinking, but it is a modest load compared with some heavy duty excavators, which have a capacity of up to 500 tonnes. As such, mini excavators are usually hired for projects in small spaces, where their power can be best put to use. Hire rates for 5 tonne excavators are usually less than larger or more complex pieces of machinery.
Will you need wheels or tracks?
Every mini excavator has a cab where the driver sits to operate the vehicle and an undercarriage that consists of wheels or tracks.
- Wheels are suitable for smooth surfaces (roads or warehouse floors)
- Tracks work best on rough terrain like dirt, grass, rocks or gravel.
Benefits of mini excavator hire
Used for digging or demolition work, a mini excavator must be operated by a qualified driver with the right type of heavy vehicle licence.
A mini excavator is great because it:
- makes short work of a small space
- are compact but still powerful
- doesn’t take up a lot of room on site
Hire a 5 tonne excavator with attachments
We can source quotes for excavators with attachments for:
A few common mini excavator attachments include:
- compaction wheels
- compactor plates
Save your back and hire a mini excavator!
A variety of commercial and residential jobs are best suited to a mini excavator. These include simpler projects such as digging holes, trenches, ditches, garden ponds, tree stump removal, snow plowing and demolishing lightweight structures. Anything that’s too labour-intensive to handle with manual spades and shovels.
- Digging Holes
- Creating Trenches
- Demolishing Sheds or Other Small Structures
- Repairing Sewer Lines
- Flattening Landscaping
- Removing Stumps
- Digging Garden Ponds
- Plowing Snow
- Digging Irrigation Ditches
Mini excavators are ideal for almost any project that requires digging or demolition that is too large to handle with a shovel or other basic hand tools. The variety of attachments available for these machines make it possible to use for all kinds of projects.
When you use a mini excavator, these jobs will be easier and safer because using the right equipment decreases risk of injury and damage to the project and surrounding areas.
Using our form, you can:
- Instantly notify up to 11,000 Australian wet excavator hire companies.
- Compare rates and offerings from 3 different hire companies when they contact you.
- Save time and money when you hire. (There is no obligation to hire if you decide not to go ahead.)
The total time to fill out the form is less than 7 seconds, saving you upwards of an hour in phone calls and negotiating.